Slugterra Season 1 Episode 3 (The Trade)
Slugterra is a Canadian/American animated television series created by Asaph Fipke. It was first broadcast on Disney XD Canada on weekends, at 2pm, starting on 3 September 2012 . Later it was also broadcast on Disney XD on 15 October 2012, at 3:30 PM ET. The series was produced by the Canadian animation studio Nerd Corps Entertainment. Selected episodes were also broadcast in India.
It premiered on Disney XD Canada on 3 September 2012, and began broadcasts in the United States the following month. Since the series' debut, 39 episodes have been broadcast in three seasons. It has been broadcast in over 150 countries internationally. Several products tied to the series have been released, including action figures and video games. Several specials and the film Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond (2014) have also been created.
Eli Shane is a teenager determined to be the greatest slug-slinging hero of them all. He can do this only by collecting, training, and dueling little creatures called slugs. Before he came to Slugterra, he had only one slug, a famous slug named Burpy. When first in Slugterra, he finds a friend with a Molenoid named Pronto. Next he finds Trixie, a girl who saves him from a rogue slug-slinger. Then he meets a Cave Troll named Kord. With the help of Pronto he enters a tournament in which he trains and receives more slugs. He gets ready and then tries to stop the nefarious Dr. Thaddeus Blakk and his ghoul slugs.
Slugs are tiny creatures found all over Slugterra, a never-imagined underground world. They have special powers according to their element, which are: Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Energy. When these slugs are fired with the help of Blasters, they reach a speed of one hundred miles per hour and transform into a stronger form called Battle Form which can be highly destructive. Once they are fired, they can only be re-used if their Slingers are fast in picking them up and reloading, otherwise they will return to one's hideout if one is friendly to them.
All Slug-Slingers have to expand their arsenal and for that they use certain techniques like only talking, using special slug collecting devices. Slugs need be fed regularly so that they remain healthy, and baby slugs need extra special care to help them mature. If experienced enough, slugs can mega morph/or evolve into an even stronger form called a Mega Morph if they were shot at two hundred miles per hour. If a slug is not experienced enough, it will get thrown off by the speed.
By using an accelerator in the blaster, you can make a slug mega morph more easily.They are kept in special cylinder-shaped cases called slug containers. Blasters have three parts, the base, barrel and space for reloading in which slugs are fitted and then fired by fusing energy of slugs and blaster. The list of slug is as follows:
- AquaBeek - A slug that can spout water and other things when transformed
- Arachnet - A purple slug that takes on a spider-like form when transformed. Can spin webs quickly to use as nets or grappling wires.
- Armashelt - A slug with heavy hard outer shell can roll up and bash things like rocks when transformed.
- Blastipede - A Slug That Throws Blue Bouncing Bombs that are activated when the Blastipede's Antennas touch.
- Boon Doc - An aqua green slug with one eye. Considered to be very rare and possesses great healing powers, which can purify Ghoul Slugs.
- Bubbaleone - A slug that can inflate itself like a balloon when transformed. It can also carry people inside its body and shoot blasts of bubbles.
- Crystalyd - A slug that can tunnel when transformed.
- Diggrix - A slug that can tunnel when transformed, like Crystalyd.
- Dirt Urchin - This slug uses spines and spikes for its attacks.
- Enigmo - A rare slug that can blind any living thing it hits, which can be reversed by being hit by the Slug again. Being hit by one also enables the target to be able to see a slug's aura.
- Fandango - A slug that can boost slug energy
- Fingerlings - Baby slugs.
- Flaringo - A common fire slug
- Flatulorhinkus - A slug that releases a foul-smelling toxic gas when blasted, often used to make a quick getaway.
- Flopper - A very weak slug that lacks any powers.
- Forgesmelter - A slug commonly found in volcanic regions. When transformed, it can spew lava hot enough to melt the toughest metals.
- Frightgeist - A slug that takes on a hideous zombie-like appearance when transformed. It can distort the vision of whoever it hits, causing them to see their worst fears.
- Frostcrawler - An icy slug that gains white fur when transformed, giving it a yeti-like appearance. Can breathe ice, which is useful for freezing enemies and making slopes.
- Geoshard - A slug that forms a crystalline shell around its target.
- Grenuke - A grenade slug.
- Hexlet - Although not shot in the series, the Hexlet's main attack gives you bad luck.
- Hop Rock - A slug with a rocky shell covering its back. It becomes a living bomb in its transformed state and will explode upon impact.
- Hoverbug - A slug that's extremely fast flyer
- Hypnogrif - A slug that possesses hypnotic abilities, sending its victims into a zombie-like trance.
- Infurnus - A fiery slug that is commonly kept by the Shane family. When transformed, it takes on a dragon-like appearance with flaming wings and can breathe fire, only the parts of all slugterra that have an infurnus means that the slinger that has one is the protector of that place.
- Jellyish - A slug that fires out some type of goo when transformed
- Lariat - A slug that spits a gross gooey string.
- Lavalynx - A slug that fires molten lava.
- Mimkey - A slug that can mimic the transformed state and powers of any opposing slugs fired at it.
- MakoBreaker - This slug has the ability to transform into a shark-like creature.
- Negashade - This slug has attacks like a shadow ninja.
- Neotox - A slug that releases a green cloud that can petrify any who inhale it.
- Phosphoro - A slug that fires a bright light when transformed
- Polero - A slug when fired it splits into two when transformed.
- Rammstone - A slug used for ramming
- Sand Angler- Like the name suggests, a Sand Angler's is sand.
- Sliksilver - A metal and magnet slug.
- Slyren - A slug with a gentle singing voice that sends anyone who listens too closely to sleep. When transformed, its voice becomes a baritone sound and more powerful.
- Gazzer - This slug releases a gas onto a target that can make them dance or laugh uncontrollably or turn them into an easy target.
- Slicksilver - A slug that has steel armor, and can act like a magnet or a compass
- Speedstinger - A slug that does a trickshot
- Tazerling - A blue slug with lightning bolt-shaped antennae. It can fire bolts of electricity from its mouth when transformed.
- Thresher - A slug when transformed it can cut and chomp through anything
- Thugglet - A slug that does illusions.
- Tormato - A slug that fires out air and produces a rampaging tornado when transformed.
- Vinedrill - This slug transforms into a squid-like creature whose power enables it to use plant-like attacks.
- Xmitter - A slug that when shot will cause a blast that shuts down any nearby electrical devices.
Dr. Blakk turns normal slugs into ghouls by using dark water. Some of the ghouls are:
- Amperling-ghouled Tazerling
- Photomo-ghouled Phosphoro
- Darkfurnace-ghouled Infurnus
- Harmashelt-ghouled Armashelt
- Barreto-ghouled Polero
- Bubbalash-ghouled Bubbaleone
- Necroshade-ghouled Negashade
- Terarix-ghouled Diggrix
- Dark Urchin-ghouled Dirt Urchin
- Greneater-ghouled Grenuke
- Goon Doc-ghouled Boon Doc
- Cryptogrif-ghouled Hypnogrif
- Flatlorex-ghouled Flatulorhinkus
- Frostfang- ghouled Frostcrawler
- Grimmstone-ghouled Rammstone
- Hop Jack-ghouled Hop Rock
- Smugglet-ghouled Thuglett
- Jollyfist-ghouled Jellyish
- Neurotox-ghouled Neotox
- Nightgeist-ghouled Frightgeist
- Pyringo-ghouled Flaringo
- Tempesto-ghouled Tormato
- Thrasher-ghouled Thresher
- Attacknet-ghouled Arachnet
- Aquafreak-ghouled AquaBeek